Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Refined Sugar Free)
Makes 1 Dozen
- 3 1/2 C. blanched almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill), firmly packed
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 C. coconut oil, liquified
- 1 T. vanilla extract (yes a whole Tablespoon!)
- 1/2 C. agave nectar
- 1 C. Enjoy Life allergy friendly chocolate chips
- 1 dropper liquid stevia, vanilla creme flavored
- I use dry measuring cups for measuring ingredients, even for the liquid measurements. I believe Elana does the same thing. It's just easier for me and far less dishes. Watch her video here.
- Be sure to pack down the almond flour really well when measuring. If you don't, your dough will be entirely too greasy and the cookies will come out a sticky, tasty but useless mess.
- That said, the dough will still be slightly greasy. This is normal. Since I do not use her recommended brand of almond flour (Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour) I tend to add more than the called for 2 1/2 C. of Bob's.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Most of the time I have found in gluten free baking that my desserts tend to finish cooking when pulled out of the oven and left to sit for a while. If you leave them in too long they burn on the bottom and the cookie is not near as delicious! When you pull them out of the oven, they will be slightly browned on the edges and the center will still appear slightly gooey.
- These cookies do not rise during baking so try not to flatten them too far. They do, however, spread.
- Be sure to liquify the coconut oil before adding to the batter.
- And the biggie, follow the recipe to the letter. Measure exactly for each ingredient. Too much of one thing or too little of something else can result in a tasty treat gone bad in a hurry.